How Surveys Can Help Improve Parental Engagement
“By sending the surveys electronically, you are more likely to get a response as it is easier for parents to fill out and is top of mind when they open the app…”
The Surveys feature of Parentapps Connect, provides schools and nurseries with an easy way to find out what is and isn’t working when it comes to parental engagement. And, because you can choose whether to send them to the whole school, particular year groups, or even parents of certain children, you can ensure you are receiving the most relevant feedback.
Also, by sending the surveys electronically, you are more likely to get a response as it is easier for parents to fill out and is top of mind when they open the app. And, to make it even easier, you can simply download the results, eliminating the need to sift through a pile of papers.
Here are some ideas for getting the most out of Connect Surveys:
- General feedback – Asking for feedback is great because it not only provides ways in which you can improve, but it also can be helpful in marketing your school or nursery. If you receive positive feedback you may want to share it out through your social media or within your marketing materials that you provide to prospective parents.
- Parents evening questionnaire – Discover what your parents thought of your last parents evening and learn ways you could improve future parents’ evenings.
- Feedback to improve specific areas of your school or nursery – Whether you are thinking of updating your meals menu or deciding when to host a phonics training session for parents, surveys can help ensure the choices you are making are informed by your parents feedback.
- PTA feedback – PTA’s can avoid hosting events with low turn-out by asking parents for feedback on the types of events they would most like to attend.
- Communication preferences– Asking parents for their feedback ensures that you are spending time effectively, by communicating the information parents want to see and how they want to see it.