How about being able to access all that school information with the simple click of a button on your smartphone or tablet?
Technology is coming to the aid of many time starved parents as they try to juggle bringing up a family and working hard to provide the daily crust. The great news is that our invaluable smartphones and tablets are now able to keep us up-to-date with everything that is happening in school. Most of us use some form of smart device nowadays, whether it’s to keep track of work or contact friends on social media.
The dedicated School App from Parent Apps sends push notifications and makes sure you never need to miss a date or event again. It can be downloaded onto any smart device with a Wi-Fi connection. The benefits are widespread and not only save schools valuable money but also promote better communication with parents.
- Your school fulfils the fundamental requirement of Ofsted in providing a simple and easy way to communicate more effectively with parents.
- The school can divert valuable resources to where they matter, spending more money on teaching your children and gearing them up for a more successful future.
- You don’t have to phone to find out what is going on if you have a query, you can simply click on the app and find out all you need to know, including dates and times for terms and holidays.
- You help produce a greener environment by allowing your school to cut down on administrative practices such as printing out information for each pupil to take home.
- You can take part in the development of the app by telling the school what kind of information you want to be available including how push notifications are sent direct to your mobile.
- If there’s a problem such as snow storm that forces the closure of your school and you are at work, you’ll get an alert saying that your child needs to be picked up. You get immediate updates straight to your device.
- Some schools even use the app to post photos and videos of events and trips.
In the past, developing a bespoke app for an organisation such as a school took a large amount of investment that many simply couldn’t afford. Nowadays, with solutions such as Parent Apps it is cheap and easy to get a dedicated solution up and running in no time at all.
For schools, there’s also the option to try the app for free for the first 30 days which means they can take a good look at how it works and how beneficial it can be for staff, pupils and parents.